Mousetalgia link

Visit Mousetalgia.com

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mousetalgia Podcast

Originally posted August 24, 2010

This blogisode is another side trip on the Disney trail. I decide to do a shout out here because the Crew at Mousetalgia shamelessly asks for reviews on iTunes, and I don’t have an iTunes account. The podcast is free, so I don’t have to sign up to get it, and I am trying desperately not to open an iTunes account. I want to give them a good review, because I’ll really like the podcasts, and I (being equally shameless) hope they might plug my blog sometime.
So here’s to Mousetalgia crew, I’ll write you a review on my blog.

I recently met a group of characters (I didn’t just how much at the time ) at the Disneyland 55th Anniversary celebration at the Walt Disney Family Museum. Dave, Becky, Jeff, and Kristen, collectively known as Mousetalgia, run a weekly podcast (which can be found on iTunes) or their website @ http://www.mousetalgia.com/.

We were sitting in the row in front of the crew for the Saturday presentation by Tony Baxter, Jack Lindquist, and Matt Ouimet, moderated by the incomparable Marty Sklar. As sat waiting for the presentation to start, I heard a comment behind me that I just had to respond to… I don’t even remember what it was, but, as my daughters will tell you, if it Disney, I’ll strike up a conversation with anyone. So as we sat there waiting and talking about Disney, I had the most fortunate experience of being “penned” by Kristen, and it’s not as painful as it might sound.

I’ve since started listen to the weekly Mousetalgia podcast. I just finished listening to episode 95, and I’m working my way back previous episodes, current back to #87. I’ve got to say the podcasts is great, and it is a lot of fun to listen to Dave, Becky, Jeff, and Kristen discuss the current week’s topic. They are funny and informative, and provide a lot of current and historical information. But, even if I am (some times) not really tuned into the topic of the week (I’m going to catch hell for that one), the podcasts are worth the opening sequence, and updates, and the closing sequence. I don’t know how anyone can listen to the music and come away feeling anything but HAPPY. GREAT Music!

So if you are a Disney junkie, I highly recommend the Mousetalgia Podcast. And if you get a chance to meet Dave, Becky, Jeff and Kristen, all or individually, so much the better. As I have gotten the opportunity to meet more people in the Disney community, I am always pleased and no longer amazed that Disney fans and luminaries are so friendly.

Thanks guys and keep up the great work.



Your comments or questions are always welcome. If you have a correction or something you think I should look at in my research, please feel free to contact me at mr.grumpyguy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment