Mousetalgia link

Visit Mousetalgia.com

Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11 Remembered, An Explanation

Some of you may have noticed my absence from this blog for the last couple of weeks.

Some might claim writer’s block, others just being uninspired.  Nothing could be further from the truth, I am constantly inspired by Walt Disney, and many of those also inspired by him.

I write on two blogs regularly.  This one which is a passion and you might call a bit of a fantasy, and my happy place.  The second is a more reality based blog that I use to reflect on how my life and views have developed to those I hold today. 

This is an excerpt of what I posted on my other blog:
I’ve been trying to figure out for the last couple of weeks why I have not been able type more than a couple of lines text before the synaptic link between fingers and brain melts into nothingness.  In the last couple of days it has been so bad, that the mere contemplation of transferring thought to text eliminates those synaptic links before they are even established.  For me, troubling times drive toward a self-analysis where my mind refuses to rest even when the body must.  The disconcerting idea that I could not and might never again put pen to paper, or more accurately put fingers to keyboard cogently to articulate my thought, has led more than a few sleepless nights over the last week, as writing is the first thing I think about every morning, and normally my last thoughts before sleep over takes me at night, a very frightening time for me, contemplating this challenge.

After many sleepless hours of reflection, I have realized; my blockage is not one of lack of inspiration, but rather one of conflicting stimulations.  Like many others, I live my life trying to balance between two worlds.  One of reality and one of fantasy, trying to make sense of the current unpleasantness in reality, while still dreaming of what could be, if only…  This blog is a reflective indulgence of how I arrived at my current level of enlightenment, or lack thereof, depending on your perspective, and how that relates to my reality.  My Disney blog is an indulgence of a passion, and a part of my fantasy life.

As we approach the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on this country, reality has clashed on fantasy, as it was actually the events of 9/11/2001 that really crystallized the direction of my fantasy.  Those who know me or have read my Disney blog, knows that prior to 9/11 I was planning a fishing retreat to decompress after a particularly stressful work period.  After those horrific events, I was left with a feeling of dismay at the thought of leaving my family for any extended period of time, so my wife and I planned a trip which included the whole family.  Since the girls had enjoyed their first trip to Disneyland a few years earlier, we decided a second trip was in order, and the event that began to focus a realization of my intense interest in the man that created this unique piece of fantasy called Disneyland.  With other recent challenges presented in my reality, 9/11/2011 rapidly approaching, and how little it appears that we have learned from those horrid attacks, my brain apparently decided it was easier to shut out both, rather than give either precedence.  But, in my ultimate refusal to succumb to challenges presented me, I will find a way.
End excerpt…  If you’d like to read more, you can find it here.

I will, and think I have, found my way past this block.  First, I’d like to thank those who have become friends in my Disney passion the last few years and included me in your passions.  You have all helped my more than you know.  Having been able to continue to read and explore the Disney phenomenon through your efforts has kept me motivated to find a way forward.  Thank You ALL!!!  Second, I have rediscovered that I need that blend of fantasy, and reality, in my life to make it work.  I think we all need it, even though some of us don’t understand it.  So, while I will not be blend the two blogs – I don’t think there are many Disney fans, which this blog is for, who reality want a peek inside my mind – very scary thought, nor are there all the many of my friend who are will to take the trip inside my reality, who share my Disney passion.  However, I will be more cognizant of how those two worlds interact for me, so that should allow me to keep thing focused on each blog.

Next week, I will complete my reports and thoughts from the D23 Expo, and of course, the events occurring at the Walt Disney Family Museum.  They is a very special event happening on Saturday that I am truly looking forward to, and excited about.  But, for tomorrow, I’ll spending my time in remembrance of those who lost their lives on 9/11 and their family, and those who have lost their lives since, along with their families, defending this country.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Walt

Your comments or questions are always welcome.  If you have a correction or something you think I should look at in my research, please feel free to contact me at mr.grumpyguy@gmail.com
You can find us on Facebook at:  Discovering Disney History on FB

No comments:

Post a Comment